A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

 I was asked about my colors in Do Different.  One is obvious -Black.  The other two are a varigated/overdyed red by DMC and a solid red - DMC 814.

I started out want a lot of red and a little black.  Somewhere in the last few weeks I realized it would look too unbalanced and the black might get lost so I opted to do the middle of the two sides all in black.  AS for the rest - I looked at the motifs in an area and decided if would look ok in shades of red or not.  I realized that it only worked for the larger areas.  The smaller areas / blocks looked better in a solid red where you could see what it was instead of an area of muddled threads.  I also played with the varigated thread to pull out some really dark parts and some really bright, lighter areas.  

I hope that answered the questions.  If not, leave a comment please.


Stay warm!


1 comment:

diamondc said...

JHM: Thank-you for the update, many times I like to ask what colors some stitchers are using.
I like using variegated threads, nice change with the black.

Catherine