Thursday, June 17, 2021

Pandemic

 I waited from the week-end to show an update on Pandemic becasue I had a stopping point to show off.

I just finished 2 cards of Splendor silk - 12 ply silk, 8 yards - when using 1 ply to stitch with, it was 96 yards of silk. 



My original goal was to be finished by the end of July.
Revised goal, the end of December.
Meanwhile I'm also doing a medium sized piece
and have a small piece for waiting rooms, etc.

Time to go stitch more!


Sunday, June 13, 2021

SAL

 It's time again for the SAL.   I had picked this piece partially becasue I prefer to work on black on the summer and lots of natural light.  During the last three weeks, it has rained a fair amount, been as humid as could be without raining and the cicadas.  Yes I have gotten some work done on the piece, it has been a royal pain.  The directions are still terrible and thre threads lsited are no the ones in the package, etc.

Here it is as of today

6-13-2021



                        I finally got the black outlines done.  Each of them has been ripped out at least twice if not more times.  Nothing on the left matches on the right, etc.  There is no photo to go by.  However I will just do what I can to "fill in" with the coloring that I like.  This piece could have been so much better with someone else writitng the directions and doing the charting.

Meanwhile - enjoy the stitching of everyone else.

AvisClaireGunCaroleConstanzeChristinaKathyMargaretCindyHeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahReneeCarmelaSharonDaisyAnneAJLauraCathieLindaHelen


Have a great stitching  week !






Monday, May 31, 2021

Sunday, May 23, 2021

SAL and more

 I know it's been a while since I posted.  3 weeks (plus a couple of days) I did something to my back.  THree weeks exactly ago I missed the SAl posting because I was flat on my back.  However I had picked a new piece to work on and did for a couple of days then stitching ended for awhile.

So here it is a new SAL dat and I have photos.



This is the cover sheet and only photo of the piece.
There are two  options for the top
arched or rounded.
I chose rounded and what is shown is arched.
This is a 23 year old chart
I got it from someone else who had started it but didn't want to finish it.
Great - I thought it would be done quickly.
ha ha!

DIrections are terrible!
Sorry but true.


THis is upside down - sorry.
I did most of the bottom
still have one area that will be changed.




I started on the black outlines on top.
You swill see the result
Nothing matched up
and everything came back out.
You should be able to see the black streaks
GRRRRRRRRRR


Today I stitched more

Around the star - no problems
started in the center
so far ok
went to the right side 
stitched down (towards me)
and basted so I can match points

Hopefully this i help me get thru the outlines. 
Then to decipher the vague directions for the rest.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the group






Sunday, April 11, 2021

SAL

 It's done !  Klimt is finished with stitching.  It may be awhile before being framed.  But it's done!

3 different shots - nothing seemed quite right.








Not sure what will be next.
Hopefully I figure it out over the next 3 weeks.

Make sure to see everyone's work.



Have a good week.  Hope it is warm for those coming out of winter.



Sunday, March 21, 2021

 HI all


I thought I posted last week but it isn't showing up.  OH well, hopefully today's post will show up.



Progress has been made.
the only thing left to stitch is the black lines.
There is a gold(ish) thread to be couched down
(the black lines) i.e. the tree limbs

last you saw this. it looked like this

a lot yet so little had to be done
and now even less



Make sure you check out the rest of the SAL group

AvisClaireGunCaroleConstanzeChristinaKathyMargaretCindyHeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahMary MargaretReneeCarmelaSharonDaisyAnneConnieAJJennyLauraCathieLindaHelen  


Enjoy the upcoming week !




Sunday, March 7, 2021


This is page 3 of the Pandemic.  
One card of Splendor Silk did all this plus pages 1 & 2.

Please note that the upper right corner
of Page 3 is missing.  I am leaving this alone for a short while while I decide
what to substitute for the floral area that goes there.
This particular floral area does nothing for me.
I would like to find a small dragon, griffin, etc to fit in.
No luck so far.  Send me suggestions please.
Soon a photo of page 6.

Meanwhile


This is Ice Castle by Mill Hill.
It still needs the back stitching and the large button.
I sweat the beads on this took linger than the stitching did.

Also meanwhile

I also went back to Do Different from Long Dog Samplers.


I started to finish this area off
only to discover it was off.  At first I thought it would be an easy thing to fix.
Ha ha
The black outline was off  - too tall
which made the motif to the right also off




So I started ripping and left a lot of red threads behind
(which are not as visible then what I saw)
so I picked at what could be gotten up
then used a lint roller on it
and finally took a damp white cloth to it to get the "stain"




Now it is clean and ready to recount and restitch.

Have a good week.