A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Sunday, January 30, 2022

 It's time for a SAL update.  Make sure you also check out the other stitchers as well.

AvisClaireGunConstanzeChristinaKathyMargaretCindyHeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahReneeCarmelaSharonDaisyAJCathieLindaHelen


MY piece is called Do Different by Long Dog Samplers.  Here is last SAL's update



and this is today:


A bit wrinkled and some progress


left side


right side

Sorry about all the wrinkles.
See on the right side in the new area there is a large flower/clover.
I stitched most of this and then had to rip it out.
I did the same thing on the other side.  I guess I didn't learn how to count
the first time.


part way thru the tipping out process
Yes, I cleaned the area before re-stitching.



This is the corrected motif.  
 
I hate to frog my stitching!

Keep warm everyone.  We are preparing for lots of snow
this week and some sub-degree temps as well.
Hopefully some extra stitching time.







10 comments:

K Reeves said...

Excellent progress! So sorry you had to frog, but the clean up was fabulous, you can’t tell you ripped all that out!

nwpaintedlady said...

Wow - you made so much progress despite having to frog. It cleaned up beautifully too :) Lots of great progress

Claire said...

that's a lot of stitching since last time!

Sewing Beside the Sea said...

Frogging is such a waste of valuable stitching time but it was worth it. You've made fantastic progress!

rutigt said...

Great progress and I agree, frogging is no fun!

diamondc said...

JHM: Nice stitching progress, so sorry to hear you had to rip out some stitches.

Catherine

Renee said...

I am so sorry the frog came to visit. It still looks like you made great progress!

stitchingranny said...

Oh me too those pesky frogs can be a nightmare. Counting can also be a nightmare and there have been many times when counting to two feels like you need a degree in mathmatics. However despite the frogs and the need for a degree you did make progress so well done. xx

CathieJ said...

Oh wow, you've done a lot of stitching lately. This is a beautiful piecec.

Heritage Hall said...

Your Long Dog Sampler is inspiring me... I see the original is one
color and note you may have opted for two - red and black? What
determined your second color areas? I just love the intricacy of
this sampler and may just garner the inspiration from you and
do it.... How can I contact you with a question or two? Many thanks.