A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Sunday, December 27, 2020

SAL update

 My last SAL update for 2020.  Perhaps 2021 will better for finishing pieces.

I wanted to start the border around the piece instead of figuring out what to put into the boxy lines.  Then came the dilemma of what color works best, what type of thread is better, etc.  

Please look and tell me if you have a preference.  I seem to be stuck.  at the bottom left is one color in DMC floss.  a few spaces over is another DMC color.  along the edges are various other colors, mostly floss but there are also 2 perle cottons there..   please offer advice.  There are 3 photos so you can see things with more than one perspective.









You can see that color ideas are everywhere
it has taken over the stitching
and to think I had hopes of finishing it before Jan 1
Ha, ha.


Make sure you look at all the other stitchers as well.
I'm sure they have made better progress than I have.

Avis, Claire, Gun, Carole, Sue, Constanze, Christina, Kathy, Margaret, Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Hayley, Megan, Deborah, Mary Margaret, Renee, Carmela, Sharon, Daisy, Anne, Connie, AJ, Jenny, Laura, Cathie, Linda, Helen




7 comments:

Sewing Beside the Sea said...

I'm hopeless at making colour decisions. I like them all! I'd probably choose perle cotton though. It's looking fantastic so far. I don't think you could spoil it no matter what you decide. Good luck!

Bette said...

Another fan of the perle cotton. I really dislike laying threads and will substitute perle cotton any chance I get. But colorwise either is really pretty and would go with the other colors you have used.

Laura said...

I would probably lean towards the orange color, but any of those will work.

rutigt said...

I was gonna suggest the orange pearl cotton and then I read that it is a favorite! So I just say Go for it!!!!

K Reeves said...

I vote orange perle cotton!

Carole said...

I'm hopeless at picking colours but I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose :)

stitchingirlblog.wordpress.com said...

My initial thought was the orange perle cotton before reading the comments. Funny! It will be fun to see what you think is best. The piece is so beautiful!