A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Thursday, December 31, 2020

A finish and the the 2021 bag

 I ma declaring this piece finished.  I finished the border sometime in 2020 but otherwise I have not touched since October 2018.   My EGA chapter had taken the class together as a retreat.  The first one to have it finished was a delightful friend and none too soon.  She died of cancer a few months later.  Then another friend and I changed the border threads (switched the thread out for a tatting thread the same color as the floss, the designer called for).  we stopped by the tatting store on our way home after a stitch-in.  That was the last time I saw her.  She died that week.  Now I can not bring myself to totally finish the piece.  The only thing missing is the wave (also the title of the piece) but I can not bear to pick it up.  Too many sorrowful memories.  So it is finished -done- and I like it as it is.



The front cover




My piece!


And for the New Year
I have packed my bag!
Yes, I have packed a stitching bag that won't go anywhere.
It holds the stitching that I want to do on 2021.
Scroll frames and stretcher bars are not in the bag.
That's at least 4 pieces right now.
And for another hour or few, the first 2021
stitching piece will be pulled out.



It is overflowing a bit.
There are some spare fabrics for those piece not kitted.
Threads/fibers are in their drawers and will be pulled as required.
Some are kitted (by me).
I'm hoping that this will be more incentive to stitch
than a list ever has been.
I found my 2017 list (about to go in the trash)
and I discover I only stitched maybe a third of the items.
Haven't seen a list for 2019 but I have found my 2019 list.
I stitched 4 out of 13 - not a great showing.

Sometime next week I may count the bag items 
or maybe not.  


Meanwhile

Happy New Year!

















1 comment:

Katie said...

Beautiful work on your piece. I understand about not wanting to finish it. It's beautiful just the way it is. Good luck in 2021! I'll be here cheering you along.