A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Friday, August 28, 2020

I got mail !

 Yesterday, much to my surprise I got mail.  Two boxes!  Yikes I haven't had that much mail that wasn't a bill, in I don't know how long.  And I literally mean that.  


First the updates:


This is Liberty For all.
I started in on July 4th
I probably should have been done but I have worked on a few other things.






This is called Do Different.
And I am.
Main outside borders are black
Interior borders are a med-dark red
and the lovely work inside is a DMC variegated thread
I have not decided what colors the lettering will be in.





This is about the top quarter.
The black borders are more or less set so I can stitch without counting
It's basted down on both sides.
I really want to do some of the variegated thread so I 
worked on the left side a bit.
For all those "stair look" areas, I basted across to make sure it matched up.
I'm really enjoying this!

And I will need to tear myself away to start my ANG classes and other SALs 
Women of the Mayflower


Here's the mail:



This one has me really excited because I have two Mayflower ancestors. 
What a great way to combine my love of Needlework and genealogy.



Sunrise Reflections

My ANG class
The other one has not arrived yet.
So this one gets the first priority
The photo is small but the e-class list may still be on the website.
I am looking forward to lesson #1 to arrive.

And that's it for now.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love how you are doing 'Do Different'. The patriotic piece is looking good. What fun goodies you received!