A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

I have no problem with folks putting up Christmas lights early (before the bad weather) or even doing shopping early but I don't care for store to announce their Christmas specials in October and opening on Thanksgiving day when we should have the opportunity to spend with family or friends or helping others.

We have two neighbors that are turning on their Christmas lights (one has been since the 1st of November) and the store ads (paper, internet, radio, tv) all stressing how early they will open on Thanksgiving - it's driving me nuts.  I am keeping a list of who is open (locally) because I will not be shopping there for Christmas gifts, food, etc at least 2015.  I know that there are a couple of then that I regularly shop at an I will eventually go back but not for the rest of the year.

One exception that I have for these stores are the local grocery stores.  Around me, most seem to be open until noon or 1 pm.  Enough time for something you forgot but not so that it interferes with most of the celebrations.  Even most of our 24-hr grocery places close then.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving !




1 comment:

Heather said...

I agree. Who really needs to go shopping on thanksgiving? Other than the grocery store for the same reasons. I just heard an ad for old navy that says one of the people in line for the doors to open on thanksgiving will win a million dollars. It's ridiculous! If people stopped shopping on these days, businesses would stop opening. Sorry for the rant it's one of my hot button issues lol. Good for you for not buying! I'll be enjoying the holidays at home (well family home but still).