A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Monday, July 2, 2012

It seems like June just flew right by.  I can't believe that it's July already!  Where has the summer gone?

In early June a friend and I did our annual visit to a somewhat local Fiber Fest.  As usual we found nmerous things we loved but only managed to come home with  a few.  Surprisingly enough, each of found a new laying tool for our needlepoint.  They are beautiful wooden piecesand good fits for our respective hands.   There were also lots of bags and basketsand other accessories.  Here are a couple of photos.





Also in early June, I accepted and was installed as the new Chaplain in my DAR chapter.  That added a lot to my schedule.  Besides regualr meeting, I now have monthly board meeting, district meetings and various other obligations.  It will certainly keep me very busy!

Matter of fact, the last week in June I was in Washington DC for rhe annual national conference - aka Continental Congress.  I learned a whole lot more about DAR in general and how things work.  OUr hotel was on the edge of GW University, roughly west of  Constitution Hall and even further from the JW MArriott where some of the meetings were held.  So everyday, our bus/shuttle took us past a few "highlights" of the city - like the GW Monument, the back of the White house (from a few streets away), several federal buildings, etc.

No comments: