A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Busy, Busy

Lately Life has been really busy.  Last week hubby and I got away for a couple of days and ended up doign some genealogy - which was not the intent of the trip.  We discovered in the town next to the state park where we were staying, had listed as of one of the local attractions - the Shrewsbury house, built by a riverboat cpt.  We knew we had Shrewsbury family members so hubby pulls out his PDA and checks the database and sure enough - there was Charles Shrewsbury.  You just never know when or where you will find a relative!

I also got to spend the night with our youngest daughter, the one with the newest baby.  Her husband had to go out of town for a night and so I stayed to help.  I admit, I'm not used to getting up in the middle of the night with a baby anymore.  But I did it and she got some extra sleep.  He just had his one month check-up and is now a whooping 8 lbs and 10 oz.  He's a cute little guy!

This coming week-end I'm going on another stitching retreat while hubby holds down the fort at home.  I'm looking forward to relaxing and ignoring the outside world.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I work with a Shrewsbury, but not sure how he spells his last name. He lives in Greencastle, I think.

I'm not able to go to retreat this year, but I might make it down on Saturday. I hope to see you and everyone then!

Oh, we need more baby pictures :-)