A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

SAL and more

 I know it's been a while since I posted.  3 weeks (plus a couple of days) I did something to my back.  THree weeks exactly ago I missed the SAl posting because I was flat on my back.  However I had picked a new piece to work on and did for a couple of days then stitching ended for awhile.

So here it is a new SAL dat and I have photos.



This is the cover sheet and only photo of the piece.
There are two  options for the top
arched or rounded.
I chose rounded and what is shown is arched.
This is a 23 year old chart
I got it from someone else who had started it but didn't want to finish it.
Great - I thought it would be done quickly.
ha ha!

DIrections are terrible!
Sorry but true.


THis is upside down - sorry.
I did most of the bottom
still have one area that will be changed.




I started on the black outlines on top.
You swill see the result
Nothing matched up
and everything came back out.
You should be able to see the black streaks
GRRRRRRRRRR


Today I stitched more

Around the star - no problems
started in the center
so far ok
went to the right side 
stitched down (towards me)
and basted so I can match points

Hopefully this i help me get thru the outlines. 
Then to decipher the vague directions for the rest.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the group






6 comments:

rutigt said...

Still it´s a beautiful project!

Claire said...

very impressive!

Sewing Beside the Sea said...

So sorry to hear about your back. I hope you're feeling much better soon! Lovely to see another canvaswork project. It's a beauty :-) I've done a few canvasworks over the years. One Glorafilia, a Laura J Perin and a Susan Portra. They were all well charted. I'm tempted to look for another one after seeing yours but I won't. My stash drawer is already full. How's that for self discipline?

K Reeves said...

Glad you are back on your feet. A hurt back is no fun at all! This is a very striking piece, good luck with those vague directions!

stitchingranny said...

Gosh hope that back is healing nicely. I have constant back pain and wouldn't wish it on anyone. The new project looks great. xx

Sunny said...

So sorry to hear about your back -- hope you are on the mend! It's frustrating when instructions aren't clear on a project, but you've made great progress and it's gorgeous.