A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Maynia update days 1-4, photo heavy

It's been busy here and warm and freezing.  Winter has come back.  I admit I am tired of cold weather - and I mean in the 20's and 30's.

May 1 - Walk the Beach.

the start of May 1




May 1 end of day

I found out the next day that the two symbols in the brown/beige blockwork is reversed
Which also means the "wave" thru Nothing and Walk are in the wrong color.
Not sure what I will do next about it.
Luckily I stitched on fabric instead of the silk gauze..
This is a brand new release and it bugs me.

May  2 brought 
The Stars of Merlin




This was the start - a number of years ago.
I'm pretty sure that I was irritated with the directions.
3 strands on 32 ct - it looked awful
bulky and like a big blob.
This was all ripped out and I started again.

It wasn't much better - turns out my fabric was actually 30 ct
didn't look so good with 1 strand
Now I am looking for a new fabric 32 or 36 ct.


same fabric, re-stitched
still blah.


May 3rd
A Stitch in Time


Cover sheet


start on Mat 3rd, 2020


end of day  May 3rd
Look carefully - there is a large amount of white background finished
Some green blocks on the left side
a few scattered green stitches

May 4
The Acorn


start


the end of the day  May 4th, 2020
note the two squirrels have been enlarged
the corners have their acorns
blackwork acorns are a the end of the alphabet, etc

And so goes the first 4 days.
More later




1 comment:

Katie said...

Great work! Keep it up.