A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Updates

I have and have not been stitching lately.  Most of the stitching has occurred away from home.  Stitching at home has been only during nap time for the past three weeks but that doesn't promise it's a time to stitch.

This is why stitching has been slow.  (the hand belongs to my oldest daughter)



This is Hunter nearly 3 weeks ago on his first day in his new home.  All 2 pounds and 9 ounces of him.  Where he gets his energy I will never know.  It is boundless.  And he wants attention and toys.  He still thinks my feet are his toys to nibble on.

This is Max (the larger cat) and Hunter during the first week.  This was a stand-off going on.


This is the two of them yesterday.  Just napping away.  There is relative peace between them currently.  I think that Hunter has a few more rules to learn before Max accepts him totally.  


Max has always let me stitch.  He would sit on the other end of the couch (when the older cat) would allow and just stay nearby.  Hunter on the other hand wants to chase the "string" and when he's ready to sleep thinks it needs to be on my neck or chest.  Not east to stitch with a cat on your chest bur I am trying to learn.

Meanwhile some updates on the stitching (not much).

Last photo taken of the Quaker Patchwork SAL.  I've one more but haven taken a photo lately.



This photo was taken at TUSAL time but never got posted.
There are a lot more threads already.

Last but not least
Song of Solomon
almost there.
Please note, it is no longer on the stretcher bars.  Which means I just have the borders to do and to decide about the date or initials.  The end is in sight.





3 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent progress on everything and very exciting to have a new kitten. :) I remember the days when my then kitten would whap the thread and knock the Qsnap into my face...

marly said...

That's an amazing stitchery. The border especially but the entire design is great. Hello new kitty!

Heather said...

Beautiful progress and adorable pictures! My kitten is now 6 months and she still loves chasing my string and biting my ankles lol