A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Books

Sorry for the missed couple of days.  Other things had bigger priorities.

Today one of my loves is Books!  I love to read!  I will admit I read mostly fiction.  The top two categories are mysteries an historical fiction (mostly olden days as in before 1800).

One of the groups I joined this year is a reading challenge.  It's based on how many chunksters you think you can read.  I chose a middle group - requiring 6 chunksters.  Each chunsters must be over 450 pages. Looking at their recommended list, I know that I read at least 6 from the list, just not all last year.  So far this year I have read 3 chunksters and am currently on my fourth.

I keep a running tab of book read in the sidebar and have tried to remember to indicate chunksters.  In my spreadsheet, for this year I also added the number of pages read.  So far this year, not counting the current book, I have read 3409 pages.  And this has been a rather mild winter so far.  I do tend to read more when winter is more fierce.

No comments: