A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Weymouth

One of the stops on the crusie was a place called Weymouth, England.   I took the shuttle into town and had a delightful afternoon shopping and walking.  The shuttle dropped us off at a park near the canal.

Lots of shops and cafes in this area, then you walk over the canal to get into the real downtown.






Much to my amazement, I found the 99 pence store.  Just like the dollar stores here at home.  I foun a fabric store which had some cross stitch in the wondow but it was closed (it was on a Sunday). So no stitching in these photos.

Weymouth is a seaside town.  One of the main streets had the beach on one side and B&Bs , one after another - basically town home/row home style.



Where it looks like the building changes, it is another B&B but the buildings are all attached to each other.  Lots of building styles.

At the end of this long, long row and the end of the beach before it turns, was this lovely church.



On the way back to the shuttle, I just had to get this photo.  I loved the name !


No comments: