A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Saturday, January 24, 2015


WELCOME

My name is Jackie
This blog is about life in general - mostly my needlework, the books I read, my family, my cat, etc.  I am also into genealogy, so occasionally I mention it.  I like quirky or unusual (little known) "holidays", so I go out looking for them and then post on the appropriate day.  I occasionally give out my reading status (i.e. so many books per month, etc) and sometimes even recommend a book or two.  I admit to averaging 75-80 books per year. And I am awed by those who can read more.

I noticed a couple of other posts that were quite "talkative" so here I am mere minutes before the scheduled post is to be posted, editing away, seeing what I can add.

For those that like cats, here's Max.  He does like to soak the sunlight from the back of the couch.  Since this became a favorite resting place, I have placed an afghan over the back of the couch (less car hairs to clean up) and he enjoys the extra warmth (it's a bit cold this winter).


I will admit that I like dogs too.  But my husband is a definite cat person.  However, our son has a puppy - a boxer - and he is quite a friendly "little" guy.


This is where Max spent Christmas until the presents started to show up.  And once the dog arrived, Max decided to spent the holiday in our bedroom - away from all the noise and general chaos of several adults, 4 kids, 4 and under in age, and a dog (still a puppy).

Though I talk about my four grandsons, I rarely show photos.  They do deserve some privacy and I prefer to keep them safe.  One of them has a Big Birthday coming up soon!

Please read the past posts so you can see some of my stitching.  I hope you enjoy!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jackie,
Welcome to Grow Your Blog party. Love stitching as well. Hope you'll made some new friends and have new followers in the weeks to come. Big Hugs from Singapore :D

Unknown said...

Dear Jackie, Welcome to the GYB party on behalf of Vicki and myself.I'm one of her volunteers this year and also a new follower of your blog. Your blog is fun to read and I love your cat, Max. He could be a twin to my cat, Nelson! Your idea of discovering obscure holidays to celebrate is great fun. Hope you enjoy the party and gain many new followers to your blog.

Lisa Dunn said...

I enjoyed looking over your blog. :o)

Max is very pretty. He looks very happy hiding in the tree. :o)

Cathy said...

I look forward to visiting your blog often because I also read, love to stitch and have a few feline friends!
Cathy
CraftyCat

Sue Kosec said...

You throw a great party. Thank you for inviting me!

So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands.

What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, please check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen. I'd love for you to become a Follower. Also, please subscribed so that you don't miss a single post - they'll automatically appear in your Inbox.

Happy Blogging!
SuZeQ

Ann C. said...

I just stopped by through Grow Your Blog. I have enjoyed my visit and am now a follower. You can visit me at www.ColourfulCrossStitches.blogspot.ca
Happy Stitching!

Jade said...

Your stitch work is so detailed! I'm impressed. Hope you're having a fun blog hop. This is my second year in the gyb; it's the most fun I've ever had in a blog hop!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Nice to meet you and Max and to see that beautiful teal project you made - the colours are spectacular. Thank you for having us over for a visit.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Your stitching is lovely, and Max looks like great company.
I noticed "Maxine" quote when I came in...so true. L
It's been a great hop...
Joining...