A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Last week I finished my class piece from the National ANG seminar this past September.  I held off showing it here until my teacher saw.  I figured she deserved the first look.  Well. today she posted it on her blog.  Check it out!

And here are my photos.

The photo on the right was the inspiration photo.  We were to replicate the photo in color.  We could choose 10 fibers and only 10.  One of which had to be Very Velvet which was for the bottom french knots.  At first all I saw was was the bright teal.  The more I looked at it, I slowly saw a lot more - the green sheers on the right, the dark chandelier on the left and the dark band on the light in the center, the spots of greenery and purples in the vases, etc. And so on.  Below are the close-ups.




4 comments:

lynda said...

This piece is gorgeous! I am just stopping by to say hi from the blog party. I love the way you find little known days to celebrate. I am a librarian and have a copy of Chase's directory handy all the time! Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

Katie said...

Beautiful colors!

Bette said...

Very beautiful stitching. I love the colors you chose for this piece.

marly said...

Wow. Very interesting how studying a photo can show details we miss when browsing. Beautiful stitching result!