A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

year end clean-up

I decided to clean up a few things late last night (or was that early this morning?).  The January challenge is up to date for 2011.  I got 10 out of 15 completed.  I guess it wasn't too bad since 4 have become WIPs.  One was totally scraped and replaced.  The replacement was finished but not sure it counted.

I've decided to do the January challenge again.  I'm not sure if all 15 items will start in January or not.  January is a very busy time for me.  Anyhow, all 15 items are ornaments.  Yes, ornaments.  I looked at my handmade ornaments and realized I had only made a couple of them.  It's time for more "made by me" and kept by me.

Here is a link for the 2012 crazy challenge.  From doing some surfing, I saw there were some other challenges out there as well.  But this one is the basic, 15 item challenge.

I've also decided to do a WIP challenge.  This one encourages me to work on the WIPs but I don't have to finish them to be successful.   I think that I can handle that.  It also wants progress reports on the full moon, the same as the TUSAL - the thread jar!  Should be easy to remember - I hope anyhow.  You can see a list of participants here.

Lastly I found a reading challenge that I think I can handle.  In 2011, I "completed" it without even knowing it.  Check out the Chunkster Challenge.   In 2011, I qualified for the Chubby Chunkster (and didn't even know about it) by reading the following books:
(The) Girl From Junchow, by Kate Furnivall
The) Help, by Kathryn StockettThe) Russian Concubine, by Kate Furnivall
The) Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, by Steig Larsson
The) Swan Thieves, by Elizabeth Kostova
Emma by Helen Hoolick
I think that Harold the King by Helen Hollick might have also qualified.

The first five on the list were on the site's recommended list.  And to think that my goal was only for 75 books, regardless of number of pages.  Speaking of which, as of the 29th, the total number is 79 books.  I have two in progress so hopefully I will get one of them done before the New year.

I think 3 challenges will be quite enough for 2012.  After all, life will surely throw me more challenges.

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

That's an impressive reading list. I've resolved to read 25 next year. You can get blueberry (and sauerkraut) pierogies at Krakus market in Port Richmond. And while you're there stop for lunch at Syrenka across the street. Not much atmosphere but good food.

Measi said...

Thanks for joining the WIPocalypse for 2012! I wanted to confirm that I've added you to the participant list (and to my personal blog reader). I hope you'll make great progress on all of your challenges, stitching and non.

Happy New Year!