A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 2nd is not only Groundhog's day but it is my son's birthday. When he was little, I did occasionally call him my little groundhog.  But he has far out grown that.

Towards the end of his birthday phone call (he lives several hours away), he said he had serious news.  His new unit will be heading off to Afghanistan later this year.  My son is an Army Infantry officer and though we were hoping he would be safe for a year or so, it is not to be.  So later this year he will head back into harms way again. 

Meanwhile, we tried to "de-ice" the driveway today - no luck.  The ice was not going anywhere.  Luckily we didn't need to be any where. I do wish we had gotten the snow instead of the sleet and freezing rain - it would have been so much easier to deal with.  So tomorrow we will try again to chip away at the ice.

No comments: