A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Sunday, November 3, 2019

It's SAL time.  Interesting line up this time around.  I have finished stitching three Halloween pieces.  None of the are truly finished, not even ironed yet.



A Lizzie Kate - one of three


Same booklet from Lizzie Kate - # 2


I posted this one on Halloween since that is when I finished it.
The other two I finished on Friday.

Now for my big piece 

For the Witchy stitchy competition
(stitch an hour each day and post before and after photos)

I started this piece

A sampler by Long Dog Samplers
called
Descending Order

ONly I decided to do it in reds.
I've been wanting to do a red sampler but never quite 
found the right piece.  I decided this was the right piece.

Here it is so far.


I am stitching the borders in Heart Throb by Dinky Dyes silks.
When I get to the interiors, they will be done in threadworx.

And that is my stitching for the past 3 weeks.

Now check out the group:

Avis, Claire, Gun, Carole, Sue, Constanze, Christina, Kathy, Margaret, Cindy, Linda, Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Hayley, Megan, Deborah, Mary Margaret, Renee, Jenny, Carmela, Jocelyn, Sharon, Daisy, Anne, Connie

Always great stitching to be seen!



12 comments:

Mary Margaret Ripley said...

Wow you got a lot done on the sampler in 3 weeks! I look forward to seeing your progress with the red :)

marly said...

Never would have thought to do a solid color, this will be stunning in red!

Beth in IL said...

Love that you are stitching the Long Dog in red. Great choice!

stitchingirlblog.wordpress.com said...

I love your Halloween pieces! Halloween is my favorite holiday. I really like the challenge to stitch an hour a day. That would be a great thing for me to reach for.

Sunny said...

I'm still crazy about that Trick or Treat sampler -- would love to know who designed it! I really enjoyed Witchy Stitchy too, and that's why I was able to get so much done this time!

Sewing Beside the Sea said...

Well done on the two finishes. I love your new sampler and I'm looking forward to seeing how the red turns out. You've done such a lot already :-)

Anonymous said...

lots of seasonal stitching there!
claire93

Robin in Virginia said...

Your red sampler is going to be stunning. Lovely border color! Well done on getting 3 Halloween pieces finished. Enjoy your week!

Gun said...

Three finished embroideries! That´s great!! Let´s do a Happy Dance for you! Your "Descending Order" in red will be absolutely perfect!!!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh how sweet and timely to have finished these pieces during the challenge. I love them!Also intrigued by your new piece. I just looked through that sampler site and found two projects I would love to do. Their samplers involve a lot of stitches it looks like. Anyway, thanks for sharing and kudos!

Edi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Magpie Sue said...

Wow! I love the Trick or Treat piece. Eek is fun too. Descending Order is going to be stunning in red. What a good choice! I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress with that one. Are you aware of the Fiber Talk podcasts? (Wetalkfiber.com) You might enjoy listening to them. The hosts are very involved in sampler projects at the moment.