A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Sunday, September 16, 2018

I know that I am a week behind in posting my updates.  I had remembered to take the photo a week before it was due just in case.  The news was then that my MIL was getting worse.  She was on hospice.   Then later that week we got the news she was gone and we headed off to the east Coast - a 12 hour trip for us.   Meanwhile things got busy with preparations, etc. even though my BIL had taken care of a lot of it and the funeral was pre-planned.  There are still a lot of little items to do.  My husband had already written the obit and started an eulogy.  He kept re-writing it up to the viewing.  As custom with the church where she was buried from, the eulogy is given before the funeral mass.  She lived a long life - she was 98.

Anyhow the viewing was the day that updates are normally posted and the funeral the day after, etc.  We stayed on to visit with family and we are back now and trying to resume a more normal schedule again.  So this Sunday you get the updates on stitching.

overall

close up 
this area looks like a sleeve but is the dress
 draped over her bended knee
I did a fait amount of confetti stitching
plus some small blocky areas.
She did not make the trip to the east coast
she needs more attention than what I knew I could give.



This went with me

progress made in the car

This also went

stitching done in car and while gone
beading this week
You can tell I did not center it very well
but it will still work - lots of beads still to go.

I also took knitting for the car portion but no photos of it

I think I showed the start of this at the last update
this is the most current progress shot

As we most of us, I overpacked the stitching
Did not touch most of it.

This little lovely mitten had been missing for the week before.
I opened my bag and pulled out a larger Santa
and there was the mitten.
Who knows why I stashed it there vs it's own baggie
but it is found again.
(and it still needs work)

In two weeks is the SAL update again
and I will be in sync then.
Meanwhile who knows what I will post.
I hope you went to check out the other members of the SAL.





7 comments:

Claire said...

sorry to hear about your MIL, Jackie. Hope family are all supporting each other.

marly said...

My sympathy to you both on your loss.

I haven't stitched perforated paper in years. Sweet Santas. It amazes me how stitchers can manage to follow the chart on those beautiful detailed designs. I did one. That was enough!!

K Reeves said...

I'm sorry to hear about you MIL, but 98 is a very long life, wow, to think of all the changes she experienced! Glad to hear you are home safe. Thinking of you and D H during this time. I am still amazed by all the stitches you put in you large piece, your needle is flying!

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely updates on your stitching! I am really enjoying your perforated paper ornaments.

I am sorry to hear that your MIL has passed. Thinking of you and your family.

Lbick said...

So sorry to hear about your MIL.

Love your ornaments. They are all so cute!

Sewing Beside the Sea said...

So sorry to hear your sad news.
Beautiful stitching and beading!

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Your stitching is coming along very well, I don’t know how you cope with all that confetti stitching! I hope you are able to get back to ‘normal’ soon.