A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Monday, May 11, 2015

This past week Gay Ann Rogers posted about the death of Diane Clements:

A Very Sad Day for the Needlework World
Yesterday I learned some very sad news: our needlework world lost one of its extraordinary members: the enormously talented and charming Diane Clements.
Diane had to be one of the most exacting and wonderful stitchers I've known and how much our needlework world will miss her. It simply won't be the same without her.

I met Diane at the EGA seminar in 2012 in Santa Fe.  She was a delightful person.  I know that she was the favorite teacher of some of my friends.  I have searched for her obituary but have not been able to find anything. I hope someone remembered to put a needle into her lapel before they buried her.  

Rest in Peace Diane.

1 comment:

Barbara J said...

I love your beautiful thought of a friend putting a needle into her lapel.
I have been working on my Acorn Etui in memory of Diane Clements.
I hope to finish the etui this summer and start another lovely Diane design.
Barbara J