A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Sunday, June 13, 2021

SAL

 It's time again for the SAL.   I had picked this piece partially becasue I prefer to work on black on the summer and lots of natural light.  During the last three weeks, it has rained a fair amount, been as humid as could be without raining and the cicadas.  Yes I have gotten some work done on the piece, it has been a royal pain.  The directions are still terrible and thre threads lsited are no the ones in the package, etc.

Here it is as of today

6-13-2021



                        I finally got the black outlines done.  Each of them has been ripped out at least twice if not more times.  Nothing on the left matches on the right, etc.  There is no photo to go by.  However I will just do what I can to "fill in" with the coloring that I like.  This piece could have been so much better with someone else writitng the directions and doing the charting.

Meanwhile - enjoy the stitching of everyone else.

AvisClaireGunCaroleConstanzeChristinaKathyMargaretCindyHeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahReneeCarmelaSharonDaisyAnneAJLauraCathieLindaHelen


Have a great stitching  week !






5 comments:

Sewing Beside the Sea said...

It's no fun when the instructions are so poor. You've made a brilliant job of it so far. Do your own thing for the rest and make it unique to you. It's beautiful!

diamondc said...

It is a lovely design but if the pattern and directions are bad that makes for a tough time stitching.
I look forward to seeing the finished design.
It has been hot and dry here, low humidity is here which is okay with me.

Catherine

CathieJ said...

What you have completed looks very pretty. How sad that the directions and floss are not compatible and are difficult.

stitchingranny said...

I hate when a designer does not take the time to check that their chart and instructions are not clear and correct. Unfortunately it happens more and more these days but yours is not new so there is no excuse. However its looking beautiful so your hard work is paying off. xx

rutigt said...

I like the colors!