Sunday, June 26, 2016

Update

I have been stitching.  One of the couple of things I can do when the back is aching.

Right now I am supposed to be stitching 5 SAls.   Yikes.



This one works for 2 of the SAL - one from my not so local needlework store, the summer stitching SAL, a choice of 6 patterns.  This was my first choice.  I have not started the second one.   It also qualifies for the Americana SAL  (another blog, on my sidebar).   Dinky Dyes for the red, white, blue, gray and gold.  Beard is floss double stitched to make it thicker.  Missing dog will be in DMC - wanted to find a color to match my son's dog.  Everything, except chart, from stash.  32 ct Champagne linen.  One strand over two.




This belongs to Patchwork Quaker Mystery group on facebook.  Initial chart - after you show a stitched chart, then you get the next one.  The group is already closed.  We started stitching June 15th.  Hard to believe but the fabric is Light Mocha Belfast linen, 32 ct.  Stitching with one thread, over 2.  Olive waterlilies and a matching green in Needlepoint Inc silk.  Not the best photo I've ever taken.  Everything taken from stash.




Also a facebook group - Song of Solomon, closed in January.  Got the whole chart at once.  Went gun-ho at once but slowed down when I started the letters and the "blackwork" areas (which is when it went on stretcher bars).  28 ct cream linen, one thread over two. Outside border is Dinky Dyes silks.  Interior border (the loops) is Waterlilies Rain Forest.  The gold is DMC.  The brown (ship) is an old unnamed brown from Hand-dyed fibers (Vicky Clayton).  A Mixture of threads from stash for the rest.  Actually everything for this one came from stash.


Lastly is something from the stash (recent) but not for a SAL.



Another terrible photo.  Shepherds' Bush piece.

2 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Wow, great stitching on everything!

Heather said...

Beautiful stitching!