A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

This past week-end I got to indulge in a luxury (in my opinion).  I belong to an on-line group called Hoosier Stitchers (covers the whole state of Indiana) and have for many years now.  We try to have monthly get-togethers thru the year.  This year I have not made very many due to far too many scheduling conflicts.

But this past week-end I made it to the last one in 2014.   I had a great time!!!!  I got to see stitchers that I haven't seen in years and some that I had not seen in several months.  I traded cat stories, got updates on health issues, got to hear about new jobs and just stitch the day away.  I also got a great cupcake from the little cafe next door, thanks to the shop owners (Liz and Diana).   Yes, the shop owners are also part of the stitching group as well.  So we had the pleasure of getting to stitch in the shop for the day.  I just wish the shop (Fancy Works) was closer to me, then again, that might be saving me some money.

It was one of the best days that I've had in awhile (vacation aside).

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I can't make many of the stitch-in or retreats either as I work weekends. Of course when it was here in Bloomington, I worked... :(
Liz and Dianna, I'm sure, threw a wonderful day of stitching! They always do :) And the Underground Cafe is delicious on all accounts from soup to cupcakes!
Glad you had a wonderful time!

Terri said...

I had a great time as well, Jackie, even if I was late getting there. It was great to see you and everyone else!