A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Friday, September 5, 2014

It's hard to believe that I've been home from the ANG national seminar for almost a week now.  There was so much to do after being gone for a week and life has just picked up speed.

Here are some of the sights from my hotel room.




Yes, that does appear to be grass on top of the Burberry Building.  There were several buildings that had greenery on the tops of their buildings, along with the usual HVAC stuff.



And this was part of the sights from my classroom.   These pots are much larger than they look and each contains a single type of herb that the hotel restaurant uses.  This view does not include all the pots either.  You can tell that it had rained earlier as well by the big puddle towards the back.

And this shot is of the bee hives/boxes.  Yes, the hotel raises bees and creates it's own honey and a specially made beer with the honey as well.  I admit that I had no idea some of the major chains did anything like this but I am glad they do.



I know this has nothing to do with the seminar and everything to do with location.  Chicago was quite a nice place to have the seminar.  Lots of food choices within a few blocks and easily doable with two hours for lunch.  I stayed away from the chains and found some nice local places and ate great for a reasonable price. And then tried one "chain" (all of two US locations) - Eataly.  Definitely the best Italian I've had - reminds me of the East coast where I used to live and finding good Italian food was easy.  Not so much in the Midwest.
Only drawback was the noise level - deafening!!!  A few sound barriers would be welcome.

More later on the seminar itself.

No comments: