A sampling of my designs as well as personal stitching, and life in general.

Sunday, January 30, 2022

 It's time for a SAL update.  Make sure you also check out the other stitchers as well.

Avis, Claire, Gun, Constanze, Christina, Kathy, Margaret, Cindy, Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Megan, Deborah, Renee, Carmela, Sharon, Daisy, AJ, Cathie, Linda, Helen


MY piece is called Do Different by Long Dog Samplers.  Here is last SAL's update



and this is today:


A bit wrinkled and some progress


left side


right side

Sorry about all the wrinkles.
See on the right side in the new area there is a large flower/clover.
I stitched most of this and then had to rip it out.
I did the same thing on the other side.  I guess I didn't learn how to count
the first time.


part way thru the tipping out process
Yes, I cleaned the area before re-stitching.



This is the corrected motif.  
 
I hate to frog my stitching!

Keep warm everyone.  We are preparing for lots of snow
this week and some sub-degree temps as well.
Hopefully some extra stitching time.







10 comments:

K Reeves said...

Excellent progress! So sorry you had to frog, but the clean up was fabulous, you can’t tell you ripped all that out!

nwpaintedlady said...

Wow - you made so much progress despite having to frog. It cleaned up beautifully too :) Lots of great progress

Claire said...

that's a lot of stitching since last time!

Sewing Beside the Sea said...

Frogging is such a waste of valuable stitching time but it was worth it. You've made fantastic progress!

rutigt said...

Great progress and I agree, frogging is no fun!

diamondc said...

JHM: Nice stitching progress, so sorry to hear you had to rip out some stitches.

Catherine

Renee said...

I am so sorry the frog came to visit. It still looks like you made great progress!

stitchingranny said...

Oh me too those pesky frogs can be a nightmare. Counting can also be a nightmare and there have been many times when counting to two feels like you need a degree in mathmatics. However despite the frogs and the need for a degree you did make progress so well done. xx

CathieJ said...

Oh wow, you've done a lot of stitching lately. This is a beautiful piecec.

Heritage Hall said...

Your Long Dog Sampler is inspiring me... I see the original is one
color and note you may have opted for two - red and black? What
determined your second color areas? I just love the intricacy of
this sampler and may just garner the inspiration from you and
do it.... How can I contact you with a question or two? Many thanks.